Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cubicles

Caught up with 'Wake Up Sid' last Saturday with LSD, there was this part in it where the hero finds a job in the office, and boy was it some office. It was pretty cool, no cubicles at all. The manager had one big cabin, vending machines of course. No cubicles, now that's one office I'd wanna go to work everyday. The big sick conference hall with leather seats a with a flashy projector all is replaced by a big table with a white board and post-its. That's not just it, no dress code, well not that you can walk into office in your undies, but casuals that's the code of the day, everyday. I work in an IT firm, and I still don't know why we need cubicles? You could imagine them as bunkers place horizontally, it looks like some concentration camp of some formally dressed individuals. The place needs some posters, not posters of your HR buddy or the Go-Green campaign in office, let's get some RF posters, Cars, some graffiti, a good photo of 'aurora borealis', a view from the canyon.

Tim Robbins cell in 'Shawshank' had posters!!!. It changed his life in prison. I've decided, I'm decorating my cubicle, not like a tea shop or something... something inspiring... get a RF poster... A Steve Jobs poster... I'm gonna have my own cool, three walled office.

(Image courtesy:http://www.stomptokyo.com)

By the way a few updates. Two of my friends are getting into some serious hobbies. In alphabetical order.
Shveta: A fashion designer by profession, she's now getting her hands into 'pimping up' your old and boring dupattas, tops and curtains. She's into 'block printing' and 'tie and dye', she takes orders for printed dupattas, T-shirts and tops. You have to see the bed sheet that she just did with the whole 'tie and dye' technique- totally El wicked-o!!! and I'm not saying this just because she's my friend. She's really good at this. So if you guys are interested in 'pimping up' your wardrobe a bit. Just add a comment with your phone number or drop a mail to me at itsme[dot]bijou[at]gmail[dot]com. I'll pass on your details to Shveta.

Here's sample of she made.


Now Vasu, I have a theory about Vasu; God must have set course for her to land on earth in a place where there's cheese, chocolate and whole lotta goodness made from ovens. Seems she took a detour and landed in India instead (good for us). She's into big time baking, has an oven for herself and she's chugging out whole lot of awesomeness from this new friend of hers whenever she can find some time. She's decided on sharing her baking skills with anybody who wants to give baking a try. She will provide the materials and an oven, you just have to walk in and watch her at work and you'll get to make your 'own' cake with some help from Vasu. So you guys interested or know anybody who's interested. Drop in a comment to the end of this post or you could get in touch with Vasu on her blog here. You could also drop me a mail at itsme[dot]bijou[at]gmail[dot]com. I'll pass on your details to Vasu. She does share her recipes and pixs of the baked goodies on her blog, feel free to check it out.

No comments: