Monday, February 22, 2010

Defrosting

It's been a while since I wrote anything; the last post was in Jan, I'm lazy. Saving you guys from yet another I'm lazy post, let's cut to the chase. Since my last post we did finally GO LIVE!!! well kinda GO LIVE!!!

Now days in office are kind of spent on SQL tunning and performance enhancement exercises. Years of fitting shitty requirements by 'hook or crook' takes a toll on the system once your tables get loaded with 3 crore rows of legacy data. It never crossed my mind that with 'more data comes more responsibility to back it up with quality code and queries'. So we are back to the design table, redesigning key objects we froze years ago. So right now we are defrosting. Object by Object we investigate them. Code by code interrogation, query over query we grill them. All this rework for years of haste.


(Image courtesy:1:5:10:365 EcoTip Blog)


No comments: